POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.books : 2nd Post with Meaning :) : Re: 2nd Post with Meaning :) Server Time
19 May 2024 15:56:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2nd Post with Meaning :)
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 3 Feb 2002 01:16:41
Message: <3c5cd5c9$1@news.povray.org>
>     I've heard of it, but I have never heard of any serious writer who
uses
> it for final product. But then, I mostly know about the habits of fiction
> writers, not technical writers.

To quote Stephen King from the afterword of his latest novel "Dreamcatcher"

    "This book was written with the world's finest word
        processor, a Waterman cartridge fountain pen."

Pardon me while I veer on topic.  I would rather see several normal books
(300 pages) rather than a single 1000+ page luggable.  Some suggestions are

    1) Intro to POV (like an update of raytracing creations).
    2) POV animation
    3) POV Hardcore( see the test) Macro madness?
    4) 3rd party Tools for use with POV(Moray, Rhino, Poser...)